2.18.2012

Optimus PRIMe

When I was in my high school years, I always think ahead of what to do during weekdend- this especially when a teacher starts to sing lullabye topic. I am always excited of what kind of weekend I will have with my friends..Playing basketball and guitar was my life then.

Now, my weekend is not like that anymore. I always think about what to do on Monday and the rest of the week. My mind is most of the time preoccupied on my trading plans for the week (not to include the investment stock). 


You might wonder that being a trader, Monday-Friday are the most exciting and challenging days there are. There is nothing could compare the energy that the market has offered to me; except for love-making anytime we want. =) OK..Can I start to say something about this week?
enough with the crap..

Other than my wonder stock, there is my 'Optimus' stock that I will be monitoring. It is still quiet and the bravorat has started to enjoy the taste of the cheese. 

I have assessed "Optimus" differently from the others. Fundamental will not apply nor technical, but more of speculation. 

Going thru the SEC Form 17-A (2010) for their business profile, it says:

"...still in the process of cleaning up its balance sheet to pave the way for the entry of a new investor who will be willing to inject its business or assets into the Company"

Now its a matter time and execution of the new investor to inject assets into the company that can make a turnaround for this company. Last Friday, I had GTC order and got hit with 3% discount from previous price.

MArCAp- > 1B
Outstanding shares->400M
Equity- NEGATIVE (-849M) (am I nuts!) to invest on a negative equity


as I said, no application of TA & FA. Pure speculation of new investor taking over (cross fingers).

However, knowing the safety margin still has to be a vital part of considering throwing your money in. Checking the stockholders, I saw employee retirement plan, shoemart co. even a group of Accepted Mason of Phil is in the house =)



Check link:
PRIM stockholders

There are enough entities to prevent the fall of a company and protect the interest of the minorities,like me- in Filipino: May karamay ka!


BUT what caught my eyes is the no.1 ranked investor, Metro Pacific Corporation (80.6% stake). I know only of this company to be chaired by our very own Manny Pangilinan of TEL (PLDT). To analyse further, Manny Pangilinan has TV5 (friend ni willy, hehe) and actually rumored to have an ongoing  negotiation with GMA for a buy out for 45B. Information of a possible buy out is enough for me to consider that any failure on the current negotiation with GMA can lead to plan B. 


Guess what can be a possible plan B?

Instead of MVP of TV5 buying out GMA7, my "Optimus" stock is at the corner waiting for its chance to shine.

I have to think like MVP. If I want more power, I go to buy the media...the BIG one. To take a little farther, I go to monopolize the media industry by buying other media companies. Just like what he did recently, he bought DGTL (Sun cellular Company)

This is only a speculation. The angle of a secondary strategy is possible and I cannot resist to consider any chance of probability. And for this reason, I just had my conviction buy for this media company. 


May I have a happy weekend =)

Walang komento: